1: Enable the success and development of each pupil
- To standardize practices for monitoring the development of pupils.
- To ensure that each child reaches their potential.
- Reinforce the coherence and continuity of learning through the standardisation of notebooks, programmes, assessments, homework and tools.
- Offer individualised help to each pupil through: observation, assessment, regular meetings with parents, individual education plans, educational intervention programmes, possible adjustments to the timetable and contact with specialists.
2: Develop an ambitious cultural policy
- To develop a civic and cultural programme with an emphasis on sustainable development.
- Strengthen knowledge of Cameroon.
- Develop media and information education for pupils in CM1 and CM2: projects with the library on the media and ‘fake news’, participation in the annual ‘Week in the Media’, and the Centre for Education about the Media and Information (Centre pour l'éducation aux médias et à l'information, CLEMI) competition in order to train active, informed and responsible cyber citizens.
- Integrate the teaching of the history and geography of the host country, Cameroon, into the school curriculum:
- History: create a comparative timeline between the history curriculum and the history of Cameroon, study local tales and discover Cameroonian culture (traditions, customs, rituals).
- Geography: create comparative sheets between countries, study landscapes and the local economy.
- Develop actions with the city's cultural institutions (French Institute, Goethe Institute).
- Environmental education and sustainable development: definition, awareness of environmental protection, recycling, collecting plastics, making compost and identify what is done in the country.
3: Improve the school image and work in synergy with the parents
- To enhance the image of the school with the parents of registered pupils, and to better market it to the parents of future pupils.
- Develop active partnerships.
- Create a welcome booklet for new families to facilitate their integration into life in Yaoundé: important information about the school (timetable, methods, frequency of work at home, keeping notebooks...) but also a mini-guide to Yaoundé with practical information.
- To create and maintain a monthly newsletter for parents and pupils: to give visibility to the school, to communicate about school events, to promote the work of pupils and teachers alike.
- Partnerships with the city's cultural institutions.